Thursday, November 18, 2010


At the beginning of our fast, I was eating chicken twice a day. Ga-ross. A girl can only eat so many grilled chicken tenders with salt and pepper before she’s looking for something to binge upon. A 3oz serving is about 3 chicken tenders, or the size of my palm (I have regular sized hands, not small, not huge). We can’t eat any fats or oils, so there is NO cooking with butter, or even pan spray.

I was all cluckered out. I needed meat. My body was craving meat protein, so I grabbed some extra lean burger meat and whipped up the following concoction.

Mission: Garden-ish burger

Raw.
3 oz extra lean hamburger meat (ground turkey would also work, but would probably need a little extra seasoning)
½ yellow squash, grated
About 2 stalks of green onion, green part only, chopped

And a couple dashes of each of these:
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Worsheshire sauce (about 3-4 shakes)

I mixed them together, but it was a little too juicy, so I squeezed out the excess juice and shaped the burger. Tossed it on the George Foreman, and in a few minutes I had a delicious smelling burger.

Cooked.
I put the burger on an iceberg lettuce “bun”, and topped with a little mustard.

I balled some cantaloupe as a side and sat down to enjoy. (Side note: One of my favorite kitchen purposes has been my melon baller. It gives everyday melon, or pineapple, a cute little serving twist.)




Grade: PASS!

This burger was delicious!  And, a couple hours later, I was still full. I’ll be doing this again. And again. And again. But not twice a day, every day, like that gnarly chicken. And next time, just to spice things up, I’m going to throw in a diced jalapeno. Mmmmmm….

Eat well, live well!
Love,
Gordita Blanca

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good! You have such creativity in cooking....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Gotta get me one of those baller things. I'm thinking up all sorts of foods to use with that!

    ReplyDelete