Thursday, November 18, 2010

Raised the white flag

Well 13 pounds later I ended my 'fasting' endeavor. My body couldn't handle anymore of this crash diet. I started feeling weak, dizzy, nauseous, and just weeeeird. It started Tuesday night. I just felt 'off' right after school and I still had to drive the 40 miles home! I hated driving like that. I can't drive that well as it is... much less feeling weird. Anyway, I figure 13 pounds is a good chunk to kick me off. I made soup last night because it's sooo cold and this morning I had small bowl Cheerios. I'm going to continue eating healthy, just snacking more throughout the day on healthy snacks of course. I really wanted to reach 15 pounds but doesn't look like it's going to happen on this diet.... BUT now that I'm off this crazy diet... I can start working out!! I have this monster of a treadmill staring at me and it needs to be used. The thing about that diet... you shouldn't exercise on it. Who would want to?! I ain't workin' off the measly 500 calories I've eaten. No way Jose! So goodbye crash diet, hello healthy lifestyle! I'm stoked.

Laurita La Gordita

5 comments:

  1. You're doing well! Keep it up, beautiful girl! Leroy's calculations are thus: If he wanted to get down to 250 lbs, 2500 calories a day is maintenance for him. If he's starting at 280 eating 2500 calories will, after time, bring him down to his target weight. If I want to get to 150 lbs, 1500 calories is maintenance. But, if I want to drop under that, I have to eat fewer calories. It's a pretty simple approach. 500 calories is very low. Try drinking a whey protein shake midmorn and/or mid afternoon. Come by the house & you can try some of Leroy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, no passing out at the alter. Do what you gotta do! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I pass out at the alter it's not because of the diet. :P

    ReplyDelete